* Ten new characters - Kain, Gilgamesh, Tifa, Laguna, Yuna, Prishe, Vaan, Lightning, and Feral Chaos are playable, and Aerith is available as an Assist by purchasing the Prologus DLC. * New Assist feature. * Duel Colosseum is replaced with a new "Labyrinth" mode. * Story mode reworked. It now features an overworld (layout based on Final Fantasy) that interconnects the dungeons ("boards") from the first Dissidia and contains chests and skills. Kupo Points (KP) replace Destiny Points (DP) from the first game and are used to buy weapons, summons etc. from Moogle shops on the overworld. * Character levels may be set freely (from 1 to current level). Many Dungeons feature "bonus lines" with KP penalties for characters above the line. * Moving on a board is now possible without any cost. * New "Party" battles, in which up to 5 characters for each side will face each other. * Characters may overcome the HP limit of 9999. * New Chain skills, which are used to maximize earned KP in dungeons by engaging more pieces in a row. * New Ground Dash abilities allow characters to dash on the ground without being able to dash in the air, but allowing ground attacks to be used quicker after a dash. * New precision blocking ability allows characters to block attacks by properly timing their block as soon as the opponents attack is about to connect that would normally crush or guard stagger (blocking a guard crush attack would cause the blocker to stagger also). * New precision dodging ability increases the duration of invincibility of your character and can be stacked with Evasion time boost. It can be done by dodging the exact moment the opponent attacks. * New Wall Jump ability gives you extra height in your jumps if you perform a quick move against a wall and then Jump. * New EX Revenge feature, that allows you to use your full EX gauge to dramatically slow down time for your opponent if you're under attack, during this time all attack cooldowns are reduced allowing players to combo until time runs out or striking with an HP attack. * Original Quest mode has been added, allowing players to create their own custom quest. * A new Original Rules option has been added, allowing the player to customize their gameplay experience.
Changes from Dissidia General Gameplay
* Stage Bravery is lower. * Gil earned is lower. * Chase Sequences are faster and characters absorb EX force when starting or continuing Chase. * Wall Rush damage is reduced from 50% to 25% of the base damage. * Many moves do different damage and/or have their properties altered. * CP and AP numbers altered for most moves. * Slight slowdown in animation when certain attacks connect. * EX Bursts do less damage. * EX Force and EX Cores fill the EX Gauge less. * EX Mode won't end while a character is executing an attack. * EX Burst background color changes depends on a character's alignment - blue if they are a Warrior of Cosmos, orange if they are a Warrior of Chaos. * Motion blur effects added for many attacks. * Attacks spawn less EX Force. * "Bravery Break" notification added. * Lock-on indicator changes color depending on the target - it is blue for opponents, green for EX Cores, and red for Assists. * Booster multiplier number displayed in red instead of blue. * Some old accessories have had their effects altered. * New introductory, victory and defeat quotes. * Base Critical hit multiplier is now x2. However, this may rise higher depending on the opponent's current bravery amount. It can rise as high as x8. * Attacks now inflict critical hits when successfully crushing an opponent's guard. * Dodging no longer replenishes jumps, and also removes your remaining jumps if performed. * 100% critical rate if attacking right after opponent performs a mistimed block.
Warrior of Light
* Aerial version of Dayflash. * New HP attack, Ultimate Shield. * Dayflash no longer has Wall Rush, but initiates Chase. * Rising Buckler and Shield Strike no longer initiate Chase but still have Wall Rush. * Shield of Light can aim on a downward or upward angle. * Shining Wave travels into the air. * EX Burst, Oversoul, no longer ends with the player pressing the left directional button every time.
* New Bravery attack, Thundaga. * New HP attack, Flare. * Round Edge executes faster. Garland can move faster while using Round Edge. Twin-swords follow-up of Round Edge no longer has Wall Rush but begins Chase. * Bardiche executes faster, but has slightly weaker homing. * Earthquake knocks opponent farther. * Blaze travels faster and has better homing. * Highbringer's rising slash provides less elevation.
* New HP attack, Lord of Arms. * Straightarrow fires faster and now guard crushes. * Fire, Thunder and Blizzard attacks are renamed "Magic Arts" and can be changed three times in succession. * Thunder causes downward Wall Rush. * Blizzard initiates Chase. * Fire is faster. * Swordslash has Wall Rush and knocks the opponent down. * Rope Knife, Lance Combo and Reel Axe can change the second part of the attack. * Rope Knife, Lance Combo and Reel Axe can combo to the lance sweep without hitting the opponent. * Rope Knife has longer range and fires into the air, but no longer guard crushes or turns to track opponent.
* New HP attack, Dreary Cell. * Aerial Flare has downwards Wall Rush. * Ground version of Light Crest lays crest horizontally on the ground and fires projectiles upwards. * Midair version of Light Crest turns to face opponent and no longer goes out in front of the Emperor. * Fully charged Dynamite guard crushes. Absorb effect increased. * Landmine has greatly reduced lag. Absorb effect increased. * Mine has greatly reduced lag, and can initiate chase. Absorb effect increased. * Thunder Crest no longer vanishes if the Emperor is hit. * Starfall has Magic Block during the cast.
Onion Knight * Two new Bravery attacks, Strength Booster and Magic Booster. * Blizzard has greater range and goes into the air on a greater angle. * Blizzaga no longer has Wall Rush but begins Chase. * Multi Hit executes faster, has longer range and less end lag. * Turbo Hit executes faster, tracks better horizontally, and has less end lag. It no longer begins Chase but has Wall Rush, and has a different animation. * Blade Torrent executes faster, has longer range and tracks into the air better. * Can move faster while using Comet. Tracking and number of hits are slightly reduced. * Wind Shear has greater absorption and larger radius of effect. Can move faster while using it. * Firaga executes faster and has better tracking. * Flare, Swordshower and Guiding Swipe continue to track opponent even if an Assist is used to interrupt the attack.
Cloud of Darkness
* Two new Bravery attacks, Tentacle of Hate and Tentacle of Scorn. * [Fusillade] Particle Beam now Guard Crushes. * Can move while using [Fusillade] Particle Beam. * Can move while using [Long-Range] Particle Beam. * [Wide-Angle] Particle Beam executes faster and travels farther and faster. * [0-form] Particle Beam has slightly reduced range and heavily reduced tracking. * EX Mode bonus cool down time heavily increased. (But still less than the cool down time outside of EX Mode.)
* Two new HP attacks, Shadowbringer and Luminous Shard, only one of which can be equipped at a time. * Shadow Lance guard crushes at close range. * Nightfall and Dark Step stagger on impact, but not when Cecil is falling. * Searchlight has less cooldown after use. If Cecil uses Searchlight a second time while the first Searchlight is still active, both Searchlights are canceled out.
Golbez * Aerial version of Assault System. * New HP attack, Sector Ray. * When using Gravity System and Float System, CPU nodes no longer spawn if hand fling is blocked. * The second orb fired by Gravity Force staggers opponent, first orb guard crushes. * Cosmic Ray and Nightglow have different sound effects. * Cosmic Ray knocks opponent back further. * Nightglow absorbs the opponent from more range.
* Has Hellfire, Ragnarok Blade, Dark Flame and Luminous Shard as HP attacks. Four original HP attacks are absent. * Storm Shot and Ascendant Lance are absent. * Two new Bravery attacks, Rush Impact, combining Kain's Lance Barrage and Lightning's Smite, and Blade Crash, combining Lightning's Launch and Vaan's Katana. * Holy is faster but has weaker tracking. * Two of his old Bravery attacks incorporate attack patterns from the new characters and are renamed to reflect this. o Slide Hazzard is renamed Slide Shooter, combining Tidus' attack with Kain's. Knocks opponent up instead of down but retains Wall Rush. o Climbarrel is renamed Hazard Rush, combining Cloud's attack with Tifa's. Still knocks opponent back and begins Chase. * EX Burst is renamed to "Master Mime," consistent with the name given on his EX Mode page in the first game. * Support abilities attached to attacks are different.
* New HP attack, Maelstrom. * Low Block renamed to Shell Guard. Blocks magical attacks only. * Mid Block renamed to Protect Guard. Blocks physical attacks only. * High Block renamed to Turn Guard and blocks less. Exdeath turns to face opponent while using Turn Guard. * Counters after a successful block are significantly faster. * HP Counter attacks are faster and have greater distance. * Can combo Reverse Polarity into a counterattack if he damages opponent. * Black Hole has increased absorption. * Sword Dance staggers opponent on block. * Can cancel HP attacks into Block attacks. * Grand Cross has an absorption effect. * Delta Attack has reduced range. * EX Burst is renamed to "Power of the Void".
* New Brave to HP attack, Firaga. Chains from Fire. * Fire has increased speed and tracking, executes faster and now explodes even if it doesn't connect with the enemy. * Meltdown charges slower but has better tracking when fully charged. Fully charged attack is fast and homes significantly better. * Thundara executes faster, has better tracking and begins chase. * Blizzara has greatly reduced range and tracking. * Holy has increased speed, range and tracking * Holy Combo has reduced range and tracking, disappear more quickly but has increased speed. The orbs disappear while dodging. * Graviga has increased size and absorb effect, can also travel diagonally to reach opponent. * Meteor is more sparse. * Flood has reduced range and aim. * Blizard Combo has lost both horizontal and vertical reach and tracking. * Wall Rush effect of Ultima no longer sends opponents against walls but sends them to the ground. * Flare (chained from Holy Combo) now guard stagger and weakly tracks opponent.
* Waggle-Wobbly Firaga and Extra-Crispy Firaga uses standard "Fire" graphics. Has homing reduced. * Lickity-Split Thundaga can travel on a vertical angle. * Can move while using Forsaken Null. In EX Mode Forsaken Null fires one orb up and one orb down at the same time. Has homing reduced. * Trine moves faster but remains on the field for less time. * Twisty-Turny Blizzaga moves faster and tracks better. Has increased vertical range, allowing Kefka to hit jumping characters. * Havoc Wing now thrusts forward slighty after the wings extend. * Scatter-Spray Blizzaga staggers the opponent if blocked. The secondary attack spreads out more and is less accurate. In EX Mode, the secondary attacks spreads into two parts then before converging on to the opponent.
* Aerial version of Double Cut. * Aerial version of Meteorain. * Cross-Slash has improved tracking and range. * Ground version of Meteorain has improved tracking. * Ground version Double Cut has increased range but cannot be dodge canceled. * Climhazzard has improved range and tracking, but cannot be dodge canceled. * Sonic Break absorbs, executes faster, and has better tracking. Has new animation and a whirring start up sound. * Slashing Blow executes faster and has better tracking. * Blade Beam has improved range. * Fire and Fira stun opponent longer. * Firaga causes stagger * Aerial Fang executes faster and has Wall Rush but can no longer Chase. * Rising Fang has improved range. * Omnislash Ver. 5 guard crushes. Can capture opponent even when escaping using Assist as long as the move has already initiated. * Braver has reduced range.
* New Bravery attack, Transience. * Shadow Flare has longer tracking and increased stun duration. * Scintilla's guard effect lasts longer. Attack connects quicker after guard but with reduced range. * Octaslash seems to have greater tracking and range
* New Bravery attack, Fire Barret. * Mystic Flurry hits eight times. * Last hit of Fusillade guard crushes. * Fated Circle and Aerial Circle have improved absorption effect. * Blasting Zone turns to track opponent during start-up. * Beat Fang has improved range. * Can combo to another skill instantly after using Thunder Barret.
* New Bravery attack, Knight's Lance. * New HP attack, Hell's Judgment. * Uncharged Knight's Blade has increased rate of fire. * Charged Knight's Blade does more hits and executes faster. Movement during the attacking and tracking is also improved. * Uncharged Knight's Arrow has improved tracking but reduced range. * Charged Knight's Arrow is reduced to four bolts, fires one arrow at a time and has increased speed. * Both versions of Knight's Arrow stun opponent longer. * Shockwave Pulsar sticks to floors and ceilings when fired before exploding. Has absorption. * Ultimecia can move while using Apocalypse.
* New Bravery attack, Booster 8. * Dagger movement has different graphics. * Free Energy had its range reduced. * Tidal Flame is slower, has longer duration, bounce off walls, and now crushes guards. * Vortex and Storm Impulse pushes foes further back during Zidane attack. * Shift Break animation is slightly changed, HP attack of Shift Break comes out faster. * Lost Swift Attack (ground) * Meo Twister no longer generates EX Force. * Solution 9 has better tracking. * Zidane's jumps are restored while dodging only in EX mode now. * Scoop art execution is slightly faster.
Kuja * New HP attack, Force Symphony. * Can now move while using Seraphic Star. * Seraphic Star has improved absorption and tracks after being thrown. * Can move after the HP hit of Flare Star, which also has increased tracking.
* Aerial version of Cut & Run. * Dart and Weave has greater range. * Sphere shot can stagger defense if the blitzball hurls at a high speed. * Charge & Assault/Slice & Dice have new animation. * Energy Rain has increased range and height. * Hop Step has slightly greater range and tracking * Sonic Buster strikes 7 times upon first contact when close to opponent * Lost Wither Shot (ground) * Stick & Move dodge is no longer controllable.
* New HP attack, Jecht Beam. Bravery combos can chain into Jecht Beam. The combo that leads to Jecht Beam is the same combo that leads to Jecht Blade. * Attacks charge faster. * Jecht Rush and Jecht Stream have improved range when charged. * Ultimate Jecht Shot Wall rushes down instead of away.
* A Couple Attacks executes faster and can combo without hitting. It no longer executes chase but it executes Wall Rush. * Retribution has different area of effect, tracks better and staggers opponent if blocked. * Stun can combo into other attacks, including HP attacks, and has greater range. * Bind tracks longer before trapping opponent. * Bio does increased damage and damages over shorter periods of time, but lasts for less time. Can now be reflected. * All HP attacks execute faster and have decreased lag. All HP attacks stagger opponent if blocked, regardless of level, and can chain if blocked. * HP attacks level up to improved forms at lower amounts of Bravery. Level two is achieved at 2000 Bravery, and level four at 4000. * Spirit Magic [Ice] has better tracking and does more Bravery damage. * Spirit Magic [Wind] has stronger absorption. * Spirit Magic [Water] has stronger absorption but lower range. * Spirit Magic [Fire] has a number of flames that will chase the opponent and better tracking. * Spirit Magic [Thunder] no longer has Wall Rush and knocks opponent upwards instead. * Spirit Magic [Earth] has less range. * EX Mode ability Manafont has had effects changed - after dealing HP damage, Shantotto's Bravery drops to 0 and remains there for approximately two seconds before instantly recovering to her base Bravery.
* New EX Mode Bravery attack, Gaia Breach. * Circle of Judgment hits multiple times. * Attacks in normal mode can be canceled into EX Charge. * Ground EX Charge charges EX Gauge significantly faster. * Most attacks execute faster. * Vortex of Judgment and Relentless Lunge guard stagger. * Guilt is renamed "Execution". The move no longer creates explosion if initial charge attack misses. * Hatred has increased absorption and range. * New EX Mode ability, "Jamming". Does not grant opponent Stage Bravery if Gabranth is stricken with EX Break. Gabranth's EX Mode is still canceled. * Sentence does more BRV damage. * Dual Rend, Aero, Enrage, and Vortex of Judgment do less damage. * Innocence (midair) has less range.
Now that I've put about 25 hours of time into the game, I thought I'd sit down and share some of my thoughts about the game and characters:
For starters, I do like the new story mode setup (a nice blend of Dissidia's board setup with a nice portion of World Map exploration for an added mix. Not a big addition, but a welcome one from the motonony of D1's all-board game.). This change was carried over to the reworked 13th cycle story, so it doesn't feel like a huge copy paste effort.
Some opinions on the characters based on personal experience: Lightning - A fairly balanced character, IMO. Not remarkable in any respect, but has a little bit of everything which can work well for someone who can't really adapt a specific playstyle on the fly to match an opponent. Commando plays your melee game, Ravager for your ranged game, and if you find yourself with plenty of patience against an overwhelming opponent, you can use the Medic class to build BRV without even touching your opponent. Pretty mild as both a player and opponent, its a good starting point for anyone, but wouldn't really recommened you stick with her after the initial learning curve.
Vaan - haven't gotten too much time with him, but he plays a decent all-around game, although mostly melee centric with close to mid range attacks. Not the best priority, but a good character early on.
Laguna - a more unorthodox character that takes some time to get used to, but very good once the initial learning curve is over with. A more strategic, long distance fighter, he has a great keep away game, if a little difficult to manage.
Yuna - a great all around fighter, with quick, high priority move at all ranges. Not much vertical control to speak of, but functions great at any dsitance and just about any range. Borderline overpowered IMO.
Kain - My pointman for team games, Kain is the resident master of vertical combat. His BRV attacks are mostly aimed at maintaining control of his immediate vertical space, and his HP attacks do much the same. His Jump HP attack is especially dangerous in tight spaces like Kefka's Tower. Doesn't do nearly as well in big open spaces, but still a competent fighter. Can be easily overcome by distance fighters with a fair degree of zoning control.
Tifa - Not surprisingly, she is an excellent close range fighter, having an almost exclusively melee arsenal behind her. Unfortunately, this also functions as her downfall, as any character with a decent distance game or defense-centric strategy can thoroughly own her face (try fighting a competent Exdeath with her...not fun). Still, she's worth checking out for players who prefer constant in-your-face action.
Warrior of Light - not much has changed. Still a melee-centric defense powerhouse.
Garland - same. Tornado is a great shield for projectile deflection, giving him a great anti-distance defense.
Firion - same as D1.
Emperor - seems to have an improved zoning game. a tad more difficult to keep track of all the shit he drops onscreen. If you can keep him up close, he's owned, but if you allow him to establish distance, a good Emp can keep you there and stall all your advances, so its a good idea to bring a distance fighter to fight him. Personally, I've never had any trouble thoroughly destroying him with Laguna. Satellite Cannon ftw.
Onion Knight - haven't fought against or played as him at all, no opinion
Cloud of Darkness - definitely feels like she was ubernerfed. Her BRV attacks are nowhere near as good as they used to be, and her HP attacks got a serious range and power nerf. Her Wide Angle Particle Beam has been superbuffed though. Good luck doding it in small stages.
Cecil - haven't played as or against. no opinion
Golbez - not much has changed from his previous iteration, although he does feel a little better than before, and I find him in my team setups quite often. Still very much a strategic fighter who excels at zoning.
Bartz - no significant experience with or against. no opinion.
Exdeath - if you're good with reads and his guards, you're unstoppable. If not, drop him and move on. Nuff said.
Terra - No significant change
Kefka - no significant change
Cloud - no significant change....his BRV -> HP Omnislash V5 combo is still very cheap, very spammable, and very annoying. T_T
Sephiroth - no significant change. alot of his old pseudo BP -> HP setups and glitch HP techs like his "Hell's Gate EX" move have been removed, so he kinda sucks now...still one of my mains though.
Squall - slightly buffed, otherwise no significant change
Ultimecia - slightly better BRV game, otherwise the same
Zidane - not enough experience as or against
Kuja - same. Some of his attacks still some to have some BS tracking, like Flare Star. Goddamn fuckin Flare Star.
Tidus - not enough experience against. Still good at nailing you with HP fakeouts though. douche
Jecht - still OP. Nuff said
Shantotto - her BRV game has been somewhat nerfed, a little more difficult to keep a decent BP buildup going, but on the flipside her HP attacks have gotten a little better, so she's still really good to use.
Gabranth - now that Seph has been nerfed, Gabranth has essentially become my main. He's been buffed all around to account for his HP game being limited entirely to his EX mode (the only exception being chase sequences, which don't really constitute and "HP game"). As a result, his EX gauge builds faster, and, if timed right, he can infinitely spam EX Revenge for a free extra EX bar, which can be deadly with the right equips (anything that boosts EX building speed will work to his immediate advantage to the point where he can become fairly broken and thoroughly maul you with EX Revenge -> EX Charge -> EX Mode -> HP atk -> EX Burst for some major annoyance, given the right setup.). Initially kinda crappy with an EXTREMELY limited arsenal, at higher levels and with a competent EX Builder setup can be very dangerous.
Prishe - haven't spent alot of time with her, but from a preliminary evaluation she is a melee fighter with some unorthodox techniques and setups.
Gilgamesh - The fact that he uses random weapons in battle makes it hard to gauge his worth as a playable character. He's slow, but he has decent BRV attacks that, if connecting with a good weapon like Excalibur, can be quite painful (or if you get something shitty like Excalipur, can be quite useless). His value is as random as his game, so it all boils down to luck, but from a pure technical standpoint he plays a decent melee game.
Feral Chaos - haven't unlocked him yet, I'll get back to this one later.
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011 2:00:41 GMT -5 by Sephiroth
Reno: Yo. What's up people?
Mar 27, 2016 17:19:16 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: The sun? That's about it
Jul 2, 2016 10:07:46 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: Someone should have warned me before sitting down to watch Kingsglaive. Now all I can think about is Nyx Nyx Nyx ! Dammit Nyx! Well him, and Crowe. I adore the hell out of her. Too bad they...nah I wont' say
Sept 19, 2016 13:40:56 GMT -5
Reno: Kingsglaive? Oh god that fucking movie. Nothing in that movie was ever mentioned in the game. At least I don't think it was. I played it a year ago and remember thinking, "IS ANYBODY GONNA MENTION NYX?! NO?! WELL FUCK YOU THEN!"
Nov 1, 2017 4:19:13 GMT -5
Reno: Also, FF15 was shaping up to be my favorite FF of all time. Then the second half happened and squandered all the potential it had for its story and lore. I could see how it was originally going to be 3 games.
Nov 1, 2017 4:22:08 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: Yeah I agree about the 2nd half fully fucking everything over, but I still follow Robbie and tune into their podcast when they stream live. It was funny as hell to watch all the VA's get together and play their own game. Especially Adam(c)
Nov 6, 2017 9:28:08 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: Screaming, "That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!" Well that, and they all sang Stand By Me towards the end. That was really bittersweet. But anyways,glad you're not dead ;p lol hell of a greeting but it's true
Nov 6, 2017 9:29:40 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: Oh yeah, duh. There are ties but they are very scarce throughout the playthrough of XV that ties Kingsglaive into it. I don't want to say too much, but the next time you get to the point that Noct is back in the throne room towards the end? Look up. That
Nov 7, 2017 13:51:08 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: is quite possibly the worst tie to Kingsglaive they could have given. But there are also others too. I fucking hate letter limits, but yeah it's there. Just have to look for them
Nov 7, 2017 13:51:50 GMT -5
Cloud Strife: That's always the problem with trying to create an expanded universe before you've even established rule 1 about it... Gotta let me get to know your world before it's got eight different "source" materials.
Nov 11, 2017 13:05:34 GMT -5
Trever Valens: Can't believe people still stop in around here. Hope everyone's doing well!
May 23, 2019 20:18:52 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: So I finally got around to pre-ordering the remake and it was funny cuz I go into gamestop talking about all these other games and I randomly walk up to the register and whip out my Darth Vader (yeah i know) debit card and say cheerfully,
Feb 1, 2020 9:18:33 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: "I'm here to put money down on my baby" The guy looks at me like i'm trippin' which most of the time I am. But I got the 80 buck one, not the most expensive although if i would have waited on my damn taxes I could have easily afforded
Feb 1, 2020 9:19:48 GMT -5
Sephiroth: Naw, the $329.00 was a Square-Enix online store exclusive that sold out within hours of going up for pre-order, so the $80 deluxe edition is the "best" version we can get at this point without paying disgusting premiums by resellers.
Feb 1, 2020 21:10:03 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: Then it's a good thing I wasn't so beat up over not getting it. I'm good having the 80 dollar one honestly. Just so long as I get my own PS 4 before April whatever the date is, i'm good because sharing the one downstairs is not gonna work for as many hours
Feb 8, 2020 20:00:26 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: *as I'm most likely going to invest in it
Feb 8, 2020 20:00:37 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: I now have this might need to go hug every single cat outside of Wedge's home
Apr 14, 2020 16:24:59 GMT -5
Tifa Lockhart: Mighty** Anyways, no spoilers. I'm just dying because I recently completed my copy so I'm just here....inwardly dying
Apr 14, 2020 16:25:47 GMT -5